Operations Manager - Regional
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager – Regional FLSA STATUS: Exempt–Executive PREPARED: 01.29.2014
Manages drivers within an assigned geographical area in order to maximize driver productivity while ensuring the office staff effectively performs their daily duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel including interviewing, hiring, firing, training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Develops, implements, and refines policies and procedures to ensure overall effective area performance.
- Establishes goals and objectives, measures progress, analyzes results, and makes improvements as needed.
- Confers with executives and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals and objectives as a result of current status and conditions.
- Interacts with drivers and staff from various departments in order to optimize driver productivity and reduce turnover.
- Serves as a point of contact for drivers, provides instruction, and facilitates solutions for any issues that may arise.
- Analyzes freight opportunities with customer trends and the utilization of company assets.
- Confers with operations to ensure maximum coverage of all available loads.
- Ensures all tractors have appropriate permits and requests replacements as needed.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Travels as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Solves problems and makes decisions independently.
- Demonstrates effective leadership.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Breath Alcohol Technician as required by supervisor
Specimen Collector for Drug Testing as required by supervisor
Valid Driver’s License as required by supervisor
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.