Road Call Center Agent
JOB TITLE: Road Call Center Agent FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED DATE: 06.11.2013
Communicates with all necessary parties to resolve breakdown issues, while ensuring drivers’safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists drivers over the phone and via other communication devices with technical questions pertaining to the breakdown or damage of equipment.
- Determines the appropriate steps to ensure both the driver and equipment are safely removed from the road, if necessary.
- Examines locations of maintenance facilities to determine which would be closest to the site of the breakdown.
- Communicates with operations department to reassign load to ensure on-time delivery.
- Obtains estimates, provides repair approvals and updates repair statuses.
- Issues payments to vendors as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as required.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.