JOB TITLE: Safety Assistant FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED: 7/3/07
Maintains and monitors driver safety files in accordance with federal/state guidelines and company policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Sets up and maintains driver files.
- Processes incoming mail, phone calls and other general clerical office duties.
- Keeps updated on and communicates compliance requirements to driver workforce.
- Administers alcohol and drug testing program as needed.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Breath Alcohol Technician as required by supervisor
Specimen Collector for Drug Testing as required by supervisor
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.