Assistant Fleet Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Fleet Manager FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Executive PREPARED: 11/29/11
Assists Fleet Manager with general activities/issues involving fleet efficiency and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel to include interviewing, hiring, and training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Facilitates rapid solutions to driver questions and problems and serves as the primary channel of communication for drivers.
- Works with office/shop personnel and drivers to meet company goals and resolve problems affecting equipment utilization, driver turnover, and driver productivity.
- Provides training and instruction to drivers on various topics.
- Assigns drivers to equipment and conducts all required driver tests in accordance with company and DOT policy.
- Checks all tractors for permits and insures all lost permits are replaced.
- Attends driver recruiting events as needed.
- Ensures facilities and grounds are properly maintained, cleaned, and repaired as needed in order to present a professional appearance.
- Keeps informed of company policies and procedures.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Meets deadlines, makes decisions promptly and effectively communicates with others.
- Uses a computer and software programs with limited guidance, as required.
- Ability to read, write, talk and hear; add, subtract, multiply and divide; and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.)from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
Breath Alcohol Technician
Specimen Collector for Drug Testing
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.