JOB TITLE: Accountant FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Administrative PREPARED: 12/05/07
Prepares data entry,verification, analysis, reconciliation and reporting for various functions of the Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Examines accounts and records and computes taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
- Ensures that organization complies with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Develops and maintains the financial reporting process including all work paper preparation and review.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports for state and regulatory agencies.
- Records assigned general journal entries.
- Processes sales tax exemption certificates and credit application requests.
- Performs general ledger accounts reconciliation and work paper preparation.
- Performs general clerical duties and special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.)from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,duties and skills required of personnel so classified.