SQL Database Developer
JOB TITLE: SQL Database Developer FLSA STATUS: Exempt– Computer PREPARED: 03/10
Develops, maintains and enhances databases, applications and servers for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with internal customers to build new databases and applications while providing enhancements to existing applications.
- Develops reports, presents analysis and provides feedback of outcomes.
- Documents database architecture and definitions to serve as reference.
- Creates and uses tools to monitor, analyze and maintain the performance of databases and applications.
- Manages SQL Server Integration Services packages that synchronize data between our DB2 and MSSQL environments.
- Provides data analysis support as needed, including development of views, stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Works with other departments to perform related duties and special projects.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Other Information Technology duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs to include SQL Server, AS400, Outlook Soft, Analysis Services , .Net Languages and Visual Basic.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.)from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with database administration and/or application development.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.