Payroll Benefits Assistant
JOB TITLE: Payroll/Benefits Assistant FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED: 04/29/08
Assists in the overall employee payroll process and benefit programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but may vary dependent upon the business needs of the company and the employee’s specific area of responsibility. Other duties within the position may be assigned.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Inputs wage and benefit information into computerized system.
- Compiles and forwards information to and receives information from payroll processing vendor to finalize the payroll process.
- Receives phone calls from employees regarding their payroll/benefit questions. Answers questions within bounds of delegated authority and/or redirects to correct party.
- Speaks at orientation sessions to inform new employees of the various benefits which are available to them.
- Assists in the reconciliation of bills and preparation of monthly invoices.
- Receives and protects confidential information.
- Performs other clerical duties and special projects as needed.
- Acts as a backup to Driver Payroll as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.)or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.