JOB TITLE: Programmer Analyst FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Computer PREPARED: 2/07
Develops, implements and maintains computer programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs and requirements.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Trains others on use of programs.
- Installs and tests programs.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Assists in providing help desk support as needed.
- Works with department to perform scheduled on call duty on a rotational basis.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs/languages to include RPG.
- Ability to read, write, talk and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.)or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.