JOB TITLE: Collections Assistant FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED 10/10
Manages assigned receivable assets at or below industry average days to pay while minimizing bad debt loss.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects amounts due from assigned accounts per collections policy.
- Monitors the payment status of assigned accounts, reviews with and alerts the Credit/Collections Supervisor when negative trends occur.
- Notifies the Credit/Collections Supervisor of any collection problems or alarming patterns noticed on any account so remedial action may be formulated.
- Works with customers and company personnel on collection issues and billing problems. Coordinates solutions to eliminate the problems.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant’s Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.