Parts and Warranty Manager
JOB TITLE: Parts and Warranty Manager FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Executive PREPARED DATE: 08.14.2018
Manages the parts and warranty departments, including overseeing staff and guiding daily operations, while ensuring warranty claims are maximized and parts inventories are maintained at appropriate levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel including interviewing, hiring, firing, training,developing, planning, assigning work, coaching, appraising performance, disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Establishes department goals and objectives, measures progress, analyzes results, and makes improvement as needed.
- Confers with executives and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals and objectives as a result of current status and conditions.
- Develops, implements, and refines departmental policies and procedures to ensure overall effective departmental performance.
- Selects parts suppliers and negotiates prices and contract terms.
- Explores, implements and manages continuous, new and innovative efficiency and cost savings opportunities.
- Oversees the warranty process and ensures all warranty claims are processed and paid within defined timelines.
- Resolves any parts or warranty related issues with manufacturers or dealers.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Travel as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates effective leadership.
- Solves problems and makes decisions independently and proactively.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and life and/or move up to 40 pounds as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.