JOB TITLE: Financial Controller FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Learned Professional PREPARED: 04.01.2014
Manages the financial accounting staff while preparing financial reports, analyzing internal financial statements, and presenting results to the executive team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel including interviewing, hiring, firing, training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Develops, implements, and refines department policies and procedures to ensure overall effective departmental performance.
- Establishes department goals and objectives, measures progress, analyzes results, and makes improvements as needed.
- Confers with executives and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals and objectives as a result of current status and conditions.
- Reviews monthly workpapers for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes, compiles, and presents financial results, including key performance indicators.
- Oversees the preparation of financial forecasts, analyzes internal costs and variables, and compares results to budget.
- Prepares and reviews complex cost reports and cost allocation plans.
- Develops regular, ad-hoc, and real-time/exception-based reporting in order to extract and interpret relevant information.
- Leads year-end audit with outside accounting firm.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates effective leadership.
- Solves problems and makes decisions independently and proactively.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting; a minimum of five years of related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Valid Driver’s License
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.