Dedicated Account Assistant Manager
JOB TITLE: Dedicated Account Assistant Manager FLSA STATUS: Exempt– Administrative
Assists the Dedicated Account Director or Dedicated Account Manager with the overall operations of the assigned dedicated account and management of on-site staff to ensure transportation service expectations are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities, as needed, to effectively manage personnel including interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships to meet or exceed customer expectations while optimizing the transportation network.
- Assists shop managers, operations associates and drivers in adhering to timely maintenance of equipment.
- Schedules loading/unloading appointments and dispatches equipment as needed to assure daily on-time delivery.
- Monitors driver logbook hours to comply with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Travels as needed.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates effectual leadership.
- Performs work requiring advanced knowledge while consistently exercising discretion and judgement.
- Solves problems and makes decisions independently.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk and hear; add, subtract, multiply and divide; and lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree from two-year college; one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Driver’s License
Breath Alcohol Technician as required by supervisor
Specimen Collector for Drug Testing as required by supervisor
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.