JOB TITLE: Accounting Coordinator – Hunt Transportation FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
Performs basic staffaccounting duties, including processing payments to independent contractors andvendors, verifying and approving credit for customer accounts, and maintainingrecords of business collection efforts while coordinating resolutions ofpast-due accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects payments on customer accounts in accordance with the collections policy.
Performs creditchecks on new customers and approves lines of credit when appropriate.
- Monitors payments on accounts and reports to the Controller when past-due accounts exceed age or amount limitations.
- Identifies and communicates with customers delinquent on accounts and establishes customer payment plans when necessary.
- Processes owner operator settlements weekly.
- Balances cash and other general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Serves as point of contact for individuals with accounting, settlements, or collections questions and facilitates solutions for any issues that may arise.
- Researches, compiles, and tracks reports, spreadsheets, and correspondence.
- Travels as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds as required.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
Associate’s degree; or oneto two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinationof education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License as required by supervisor
I have read andunderstand the functions of this position as defined above.
This job description isintended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performedby employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.