JOB TITLE: Videographer FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Creative Professional PREPARED: 03.06.2019
Creates photography, motiongraphics, or other visual images using film, video, computer software, or other electronic tools to develop products such as commercials, online videos,advertisements, print materials, and social media interactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Produces educational and promotional programming for the organization
- Records, edits, and composes radio spots and interviews, podcasts, and other audio/video content.
- Assists with script development.
- Develops and maintains corporate YouTube Channels for video and audio content.
- Designs storyboards and videos using motion graphics and kinetic typography.
- Consults on video and audio development throughout the organization.
- Captures b-roll and raw footage for digital library.
- Develops an organized portfolio of stock photography from video and still photography taken at corporate events.
- Attends continuing education and training opportunities for professional development.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships.
- Travels as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Displays knowledge of appropriate lighting and camerawork for both on-location and in-studio settings.
- Possesses experience in creating motion graphics, color-correcting footage, selecting music tracks, and mixing audio.
- Performs work requiring advanced knowledge while consistently exercising discretion and judgment.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk and hear; add, subtract, multiply and divide; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently including an in-depth knowledge of Adobe software applications including Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree; or three to four years of related experience and/or training in videography; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.