Customer Claims Adjuster
Customer Claims Adjuster FLSASTATUS: Exempt – Administrative PREPARED: 03.06.2019
Investigates, analyzes,processes, and resolves formal cargo liability, auto liability, auto physicaldamage, and subrogation claims filed by customers or claims that occurred atcustomer or receiver facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts pre-claim and post-claim investigations and communicates appropriate information to involved parties.
- Determines Company’s financial obligation to pay, deny, or compromise cargo claims asserted by customers pursuant to applicable amendment or contract provisions.
- Communicates claims decisions to customer representatives and Company management.
- Confers with involved parties and witnesses and reviews physical evidence in order to compile pertinent claim information.
- Determines exposure and sets reserves for claims.
- Investigates extent of property damage occurring to customer and/or consignee property and review repair estimates to ensure charges match the degree of property loss.
- Accepts, denies, or negotiates property and cargo damage claims based upon the result of investigation.
- Reviews estimates, photos, and damage descriptions in order to determine accident-related damages.
- Researches, compiles, analyzes, and tracks reports, spreadsheets, and correspondence.
- Analyze, estimate, and process damage reports occurring to Crete equipment occurring at customer or consignee facilities, seek recovery of damages from customer or consignees where appropriate.
- Takes after-hours calls and reports relating to cargo damage incidents.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships.
- Travels as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates effective leadership.
- Solves problems and makes decisions independently and proactively.
- Performs work requiring advanced knowledge while consistently exercising discretion and judgment.
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. as required.
Bachelor's degree; or threeto four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
I have read andunderstand the functions of this position as defined above.
This job description isintended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performedby employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.