Operations Associate 3rd Shift
JOB TITLE: Operations Associate 3rd Shift FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Administrative PREPARED: 10/11
Responsible for the coordination and administration of operational duties directly related to the business operations of the company and its customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages customer base and provides service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops and maintains traffic lanes in coordination with various departments within the organization.
- Enters available loads with required information to properly dispatch and pick up the load.
- Tracks all shipments while under dispatch from the time the load is picked up until it is delivered.
- Communicates with appropriate parties on any customer or driver concerns.
- Assigns and dispatches equipment based on load criteria.
- Monitors driver log book hours so that drivers do not exceed the number of legal hours as permitted by the D.O.T.
- Effectively handles situations that may arise due to accidents, cargo issues, and any other off-hours matters.
- Maintains proper communication and cooperation with drivers, customers, and coworkers.
- Assists drivers with technical questions pertaining to breakdown of equipment as needed.
- Makes necessary calls to set up appointments as needed for repairs.
- Monitors timely repair of equipment as needed.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Meets deadlines, makes decisions promptly and effectively communicates with others.
- Uses a computer and software programs with limited guidance, as required.
- Ability to read, write, talk and hear; add, subtract, multiply and divide; and lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.)from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions of the position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.