JOB TITLE: Operations Associate FLSASTATUS: Exempt – Administrative PREPARED: 07.25.2016
Responsible for the coordination andadministration of operational duties directly related to the business operations of the company and its customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may beassigned.
- Manages customer base and provides service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops and maintains traffic lanes in coordination with various departments within the organization.
- Solicits outbound freight to deliver within an assigned geographic territory.
- Enters available loads with required information to properly dispatch and pick up the load.
- Schedules all loading and unloading appointments.
- Tracks all shipments while under dispatch from the time the load is picked up until it is delivered.
- Communicates with appropriate parties on any customer or driver concerns.
- Maintains proper trailer pools within an assigned area.
- Assigns and dispatches equipment based on load criteria.
- Monitors driver log book hours so that drivers do not exceed the number of legal hours as permitted by the D.O.T.
- Maintains proper communication and cooperation with drivers, customers, and coworkers.
- Provides mutual support during absence of other team members during peak times, (i.e. meal periods, breaks, etc.).
- Handles driver issues and needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Travels as needed.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-yearcollege or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have read and understand the functions ofthe position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describethe general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assignedto this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustivelist of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel soclassified.