JOB TITLE: Tractor Technician FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED DATE: 05.17.2011
Repairs and maintains diesel tractor equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Receives and carries out instructions.
• Services/inspects tractors and determines defects and potential problems.
• Knowledge of air, electrical, drive train, steering, suspension and engine systems.
• Changes brakes, seals, and bearings and troubleshoots electrical problems.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Detroit and Cummins Certified preferred
Valid CDL Class A driver’s license preferred.
EPA Certification for Federal Clean Air Act 609 within 90 days of hire date.
Must have own tools.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.