JOB TITLE: Parts Clerk FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED DATE: 10/10
Dispenses parts to mechanics and charges out parts to specific vehicle numbers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hands out parts to mechanics and charges out parts in the computer.
- Assists in maintaining accuracy of inventory and parts stocking levels.
- Creates purchase order numbers for parts being ordered, enters records and ascertains types and parts numbers.
- Contacts vendors to order parts.
- Compares invoices received with purchase order number on file in computer.
- Puts away stock orders as they arrive.
- Assists in shipping and receiving for departments as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid driver’s license as required by supervisor and/or location.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.