JOB TITLE: Tire Technician FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED DATE: 10/10
Responsible for overall tire maintenance for semi-tractor/trailer equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Removes and installs tires, which includes all aspects of repairing, replacing damaged/worn tires on tractors or trailers.
- Maintains and stores tire inventories.
- Disposes of damaged/old tire casings.
- Maintains and operates all tire equipment.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.