Utility Service Technician
JOB TITLE: Utility Service Technician FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED DATE: 05.17.2011
Provides assistance to the maintenance department with the daily operation of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Washes, vacuums and details the interior and exterior of tractors and trailers.
- Services equipment with fuel and lubricants.
- Performs daily maintenance on wash and fuel bay equipment.
- Visually inspects equipment for defects and routes in for proper repairs and preventative maintenance services.
- Loads and unloads pallets as needed.
- Performs various janitorial and ground maintenance duties.
- Watches for and reports irregularities to equipment or grounds.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
EDUCATION and/o rEXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid CDL Class A driver’s license preferred.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with out sidweather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles,toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.