JOB TITLE: Shop Manager FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Executive PREPARED DATE: 10/10
Manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities of and assists technicians with problem solving equipment repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel to include interviewing, hiring, and training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Develops, implements and refines department policies and procedures to ensure overall effective departmental performance.
• Monitors compliance with regulation OSHA, MSDS, worker's compensation issues and hazardous wastes.
• Schedules warranty work to outside shops.
• Assists drivers with repair write ups.
• Processes shop work orders.
• Utilizes reports for inventory and productivity control.
• Communicates with vendors on ordering of parts; responsible for inventory control, procuring best prices and services and controlling consumables.
• Responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of grounds.
• Assists Fleet Manager with terminal functions and equipment needs.
• Receives and carries out instructions.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
• General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license, CDL preferred.
EPA Certification for Federal Clean Air Act 608 and 609 mobile refrigeration as required by supervisor and/or location.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.