JOB TITLE: Shift Lead FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED DATE: 06/10
Assists Shop Manager in general support role, supervision, coordination of activities and assisting technicians with problem solving equipment repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Performs manual shop labor, trains, and assists other technicians.
- Monitors compliance with regulation OSHA, MSDS, worker's compensation issues and hazardous wastes.
- Schedules warranty work to outside shops.
- Assists drivers with repair write ups.
- Processes shop work orders.
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of and upkeep of grounds.
- Responsible for parts inventory control and charging out of parts to shop job tickets.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.)or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid driver's license, CDL preferred
EPA Certification for Federal Clean Air Act 608 and 609 mobile refrigeration as required by supervisor and/or location.
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
Safety shoes (steel toe or composite) required.
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.