JOB TITLE: Service Writer FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt PREPARED: 11.26.2012
Coordinates the equipment repair process by writing and assigning repair work orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and assigns repair work orders.
- Assists drivers with equipment repair requests.
- Keys invoice information and issues purchase orders within approved limits.
- Audits work orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Contacts vendors to schedule warranty repairs and follows up on services provided.
- Performs minor repairs on equipment as needed.
- Ensures regular maintenance and cleanliness of premises.
- Receives/carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicates effectively.
- Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as required.
- Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license,Class A CDL preferred
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, excessive noise levels, and extreme cold or extreme heat.
Safety shoes (composite or steel toe) required
I have read and understand the functions of this position as defined above.
Employee/Applicant's Printed Name
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.